The list below helps me so that I'm not just praying "Lord, keep them safe," (nothing wrong with that) but I want to pray more boldly and specifically for my children.
I divide them up Sunday - Saturday, praying one or two of them per day. Put it in a place where you are likely to pray.
I used to have them up on the wall in my closet along with the other prayers I gave you over the last few weeks—above a desk where I had quiet time (had a lamp, notebook, pen and desk lamp in there so I would be “ready” for a daily appointment with God in there). When we moved, I put them in a notebook which I now use.
Don’t be too busy to pray for your children! God answers prayer! (Talking to myself, too☺) Some also apply well to singles to pray for themselves.
1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. Psalm 63:1, 2 Timothy 3:15
2. That they will have a hatred for sin. Psalm 97:10
3. That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71
4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: Spiritual, Emotional, Physical. John 17:15
5. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. Daniel 6:3
6. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1
7. That they will desire the right kinds of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. Proverbs 1:10-11
8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. 1 Corinthians 6:14-17
9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure until marriage. 1 Corinthians 6: 18-20
10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist the enemy in all circumstances. James 4:7
11. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ. Romans 12:1-2
12. That God would put a hedge around them so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6
I have temporarily disabled comments on my blog due to a sudden, huge influx of spam! You're welcome to comment or ask a question on any of my links below. I actually love hearing from you—a real live person like me!
It's really easy to comment on my Facebook, or Twitter. Love for you to join me there or on my other pages for a dose of spiritual truth: YouTube, Pinterest, or Instagram.
To receive blog updates, you may subscribe on top right of home page by entering your email ... click for home page here . If you have trouble, click here (a little slower to get the post, but very easy to subscribe).
“The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” ~James 5:16
Next time, I'd like to show you one more specific list that I use to boldly pray specific prayers for my children. I think you are going to like it. It's good to pray for yourself too, or anyone you are praying for.
I love you my Sisters and Brothers! Have a Christ-filled weekend and a great time of worship on Sunday ☺ where Christ is lifted up!
Walk by Faith,