I've loved this practical list by F. B. Meyer for years, and refer to it on a regular basis. He was a British pastor who lived about a hundred years ago, yet this list is applicable for all times and places.
I keep a copy of it that I wrote out in handwriting in my prayer folder with my Bible. You can jot it down and keep it in your Bible or wherever it is easy for you to refer to it regularly. At the top, I wrote: Daily Living Practices to Organize Your Life.
1. Make a daily definite audible consecration of yourself to God. "Lord, today I give myself anew to you." (say aloud) We did this yesterday together on my facebook and twitter accounts:-) I was so happy so many wanted to do it together!
2. Tell God you are willing to be made willing about all He wants you to do.
3. Reckon on Christ to do His part perfectly in your life.
4. Confess sin instantly.
5. Hand over to Christ every temptation and every care.
6. Keep in touch with Christ. Read the word, good books, pray, seek places and people where Jesus really is. (It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway... good books begins with the book of all books... the Bible...read and study God's Word!)
7. Expect the Holy Spirit to work in, with, and for you.
Walk by faith,